Office of Responsibility and Sustainability Actions, College of Management, National Sun Yat-sen University
Have a green Christmas 2022 with the College of Management and SDGs!
In response to numerous global issues, such as climate change, pollution, resource depletion, wealth disparity, and food insecurity, in 2015 the United Nations announced their 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), a set of 17 goals to guide global efforts toward sustainability.
In order to promote the SDGs’ aim of sustainable development, NSYSU’s College of Management is adopting the theme of “Green Christmas” to encourage students to make the best use of resources by reusing seemingly worthless materials and make this year’s Christmas memorable and meaningful.
Students will design and create an original set of Christmas decorations for the College of Management, demonstrating the theme of “Green Christmas.” The design must (1) incorporate environmental protection and a low-carbon mindset to reduce the consumption of resources and energy in Christmas decorations, and (2) highlight the efforts and achievements of the students and faculty of the College of Management in SDGs in order to highlight the importance of SDGs for everyone to see.
1. Students (excluding exchange students) who are enrolled in the College of Management of National Sun Yat-sen University and have official student status. Participation is limited to departments and institutes within the College of Managment but is not limited by level or nationality. Domestic, international, undergraduate, and graduate students are all welcome to form a team to enter the contest.
2. Teams of 3 to 7 students can participate. Teams may be mixed in terms of level and nationality.
1. The competition is divided into a preliminary and a final round. All teams should first submit an application form. Reviewers will evaluate the proposals and select teams to enter the final round. Selected teams must make a presentation on the day of the final round to explain the content of their proposal. The winning team must complete the Christmas decorations for the College of Management before December 15.
※ If you need assistance with large scale equipment, please contact the event organizer.
2. Presentations may be given in Chinese or English.
3. One or more people can be on stage during the presentation.
4. Presentation time should be between 10 and 15 minutes.
5. If the content of the presentation violates academic ethics or infringes on the intellectual property rights of others, the participant will be disqualified from the competition and the award.
6. The layout includes the atriums of the new and old college of Management.
7. The upper limit of the budget for the arrangement is $10,000.
Competition timeline:Deadline for submissions: Friday, July 15, 2022
- Preliminary round
- The announcement of finalists will take place on Friday, July 29, 2022.
- Final round
- Presenations are tentatively scheduled for Friday, September 30, 2022. The exact date will be announced later. Teams entering the final round will be required to be present to explain the content of their proposal.
1. The organizer will invite experts and scholars from within or outside the university to form a panel of judges. They will first conduct a written review of the proposals and entry forms provided by each group to select the finalists, and then choose the top three and honorable mentions on the day of the final round.
2. Evaluation Criteria:
(a.) Project content (fit with SDGs, environmental creativity, possible impact, persuasiveness): 50%
(b.) Project feasibility (including financial feasibility): 30%
(c.) Presentation design: 10%
(d.)Oral presentation skills: 10%
(1) First place: a certificate and NT$30,000
(2) Second place: a certificate and NT$20,000
(3) Third place: a certificate and $10,000
(4) Honorable mentions: a certificate
Note: The prize money does not include the cost of materials, which should be included in the proposal and will be reimbursed.
Other contestants will be awarded a certificate of participation.
※ The list of winners will be announced after the competition and will be posted on the home page of our website.
※ If the number of entries is insufficient, the number of prizes may be reduced at the discretion of the judges.
Registration and competition-related schedule:
1. Deadline for submission of the application form: 3:00pm, Friday, July 15, 2022
2. Discussion of proposal content: After receiving the application form, the organizer will discuss the proposal content with each group on Monday, July 25, 2022 and give suggestions and directions for revision.
3. Deadline for submission of presentation file: 3:00 pm, Friday, September 23, 2022
※ No late submission will be accepted. The file name should be: “2022 College of Management SDG Christmas Event – [Team Name]”.
4. Submissions and presentation files should be emailed to the organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “2022 College of Management SDG Christmas Event – [Team Name]”.
Organizer: Office of Responsibility and Sustainability Actions, College of Management, National Sun Yat-sen University
Contact Person: Ms. Chen email@example.com
The organizer reserves the right to confirm the final quota and make final adjustments to the content of the event.